Week 10 Crime and Breaking News
Covering Crime and Breaking News
Rebecca Skloot at City Arts & Lectures April 26
AAJA Voices: Applications due March 31
- Journalism Department (due April 1), including Otto Bos
- AAJA (Deadlines in April)
- Sacramento Press Club (due March 31)
Journalism Department Student Survey — please respond
Pitch final project ideas
Then we’ll talk about the challenges of covering crime and breaking news using documents, interviews and web research.
- Make a list of possible sources.Where would you go for follow-up information?
- What do you want to know?
- SFPD press release
- Media Briefing with Assistant Police Chief Toney Chaplin
- Interview: Gail Eigl
- Lee Eigl LinkedIn page
Write a 400- to 500-word news story on Eigl’s arrest as if it happened early this morning.
Deadline: 6 p.m.
For next week: Profile is due. We will have an eportfolio workshop in class.